We reinstate commercial and industrial properties
We provide quality and professional reinstatement of offices, retail, and industrial spaces for projects of all sizes. If your rental lease has expired or are considering moving your office, we will be able to perform reinstatement back to your landlord with our extensive experience.
Objective of Property Reinstatement
Landlords of commercial properties in Singapore typically require tenants to reinstate back their property to the original condition as a precondition of the termination handover. This process involves various trades that will work together to restore the property fully to the landlord’s satisfaction. As we understand that the job is usually time-sensitive in nature, we are prepared to carry out reinstatement works swiftly to prevent any handover issues.
Scope of Commercial Reinstatement Work
Typically after some modification to existing commercial spaces to meet the tenant’s specific requirements, the responsibility lies with the tenant to get rid of all modifications and remove fixtures and renovation items that was installed in the space. These works commonly include
- Removing partition walls and false ceilings
- Removing existing floor finishes
- Relining and reinstating ceiling boards to acceptable condition
- Terminating power points and removing wiring, trunking, cables and data points installed in premises
- Hacking and demolishing installed hollow block walls as well as any other minor structural work
- Removing existing office furniture, cubicles, workstations
- Relocating and reinstalling power points the original lighting
- Dismantling and removing the compressor and the air-conditioning unit and relocating ducting
- Dismantling and removing internal doors, curtains and blinds
- Repainting the walls to the original colour
Process and Cost of Reinstatement Works
As there is no fixed package for office reinstatement works, the cost has to be determined on a case-by-case basis with regard to the extent of works required. Our process normally starts off with a no-obligation site survey, where our managers will take time to understand the scope of works required before providing a formal quotation.
Reinstating offices premises typically involves dismantling of existing partitions, shelves and other built in furnitures. Ceiling boards might also be required to be replaced if they are found to be in bad condition. Depending on the type of flooring, the landlord might require the removal of carpeted flooring before handover. Power points and data points will have to be dismantled if they have installed by the tenant.
Retail lots typically have undergone a certain degree of renovation and furnishings, especially if they are found at shopping malls. Reinstating them could include dismantling of the facade structures, display shelves as well as electrical truckings and power points. Repainting the walls and ceiling to its original state is also commonly required.
Industrial properties include warehouses and other storage facilities that landlords require to be reinstated back to its original condition. Typically, this depends on the use of the facility and the equipment and general age and condition.